Listed below are the eating places and different meals services that San Bernardino County well being inspectors quickly shut down due to imminent well being hazards between June 3 and 9, 2022. If no reopening date is talked about, the company had not listed that facility as reopened as of this publication.
National Buffet, 16920 Slover Ave., Fontana
- Closed: June 8
- Grade: Not graded (most up-to-date was 80/B on Feb. 3)
- Cause: Cockroach infestation. An inspector visited in response to a criticism that somebody noticed bugs within the mussels. The inspector noticed a number of reside and useless cockroaches on the kitchen flooring and close to a storage space, and noticed a roach flying within the eating space. The inspector additionally famous “extreme meals particles and grease build-up on the flooring” and noticed buckets of sauce and a container of rice being saved straight on the ground.
Meals and beverage space of Dollar General, 32510 Freeway 18, Lucerne Valley
- Closed: June 8
- Grade: 95/A
- Cause: No running water. The inspector visited in response to two complaints that there was no water, together with within the restrooms, and that retailer workers didn’t appear involved. The supervisor informed the inspector that the water had been out since June 2 when a water tank was broken after hours and that an try to repair it had been unsuccessful. The inspector famous that port-a-potties with handwashing stations had been arrange out again.
The Galley, 12218 Apple Valley Highway Suite 105, Apple Valley
- Closed: June 7
- Grade: 90/A
- Cause: No hot water. An inspector visited in response to a complaint that two individuals bought sick after consuming meals together with fish. The supervisor stated the water heater had been having points for 2 days and the igniter was scheduled to get replaced the following day. Amongst different violations, some uncooked fish was not chilly sufficient and the inspector stated to scale back the temperature of that fridge.
- Reopened: June 8 after the water heater was repaired
Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches, 16155 Sierra Lakes Parkway Suite 110, Fontana
- Closed: June 6
- Grade: 90/A
- Cause: Overflowing wastewater. Not one of the flooring sinks had been correctly draining, and the inspector stated the individual in cost tried to keep away from turning on the water so the drains wouldn’t overflow. The restaurant was briefly closed whereas a plumber was known as. There was one different essential violation, for a fly by the sandwich prep station contaminating a pepper shaker and mustard jar. The inspector additionally adopted up on a criticism from a couple of days earlier that somebody had seen cockroaches. Throughout an initial visit June 3, an inspector noticed three useless roaches on the ground, however this time there was no proof of roaches.
- Reopened: Later that day, earlier than the inspection ended
Non-closure inspections of notice
Listed below are chosen inspections at services that weren’t closed however had different vital points.
Mariscos Las Brisas Restaurant, at 2951 S. Winery Ave. in Ontario, was inspected June 8 and acquired a grade of 81/B with one essential violation. A number of containers of meals had been at unsafe temperatures in three fridge items, one in all which was a merchandise fridge meant just for prepackaged and bottled gadgets. Among the many 11 different violations, cooked soup and corn had been left at room temperature to chill down, two sinks didn’t have sizzling sufficient water and several other areas wanted cleansing. This was the restaurant’s third consecutive B or C grade, and fifth since 2019.
Fresh Boba Tea, at 32801 Yucaipa Blvd. Suite B in Yucaipa, was inspected June 7 and acquired a grade of 80/B with one essential violation. There was no sanitizer on website, however the restaurant averted closure when the individual in cost was capable of get some from the power subsequent door. Among the many 11 different violations, there was a useless cockroach underneath a storage rack, and the cleaning soap and paper towel dispensers within the worker restroom had been empty.
Chiki Chiki Wings & Sports, at 16312 Arrow Blvd. Suites C-E in Fontana, was inspected June 3 and acquired a grade of 70/C with three essential violations. 4 massive containers of cooked rooster wings had been left at room temperature for 2 hours. An worker didn’t wash palms. And there was a hair within the ice machine. Among the many 12 different violations, there was no cleaning soap within the males’s, girls’s or worker restrooms; there was brown slime within the ice machine (not contaminating ice); the cooks stated bowls used to toss wings with sauce are washed solely twice a day; cooking gear and flooring wanted cleansing; there have been holes within the wall and ceiling; and 12 workers didn’t have the required meals handler playing cards.
Super Taco, at 10410 Ramona Ave. Suite C in Montclair, was inspected June 3 and acquired a grade of 84/B with 9 violations, one in all which was essential: Quite a few gadgets had been at unsafe temperatures in a fridge that wasn’t retaining chilly. Greater than 25 kilos of meals needed to be discarded.
Golden 5 Pizza & Wings, at 208 E. Base Line in Rialto, was inspected June 2 and acquired a grade of 76/C with two essential violations. Wings and toppings had been at unsafe temperature in a prep cooler that wasn’t retaining chilly (about 16 kilos of meals needed to be discarded) and eight uncooked pizzas had been assembled and overlooked at room temperature. Additionally, an worker didn’t wash palms. Among the many 11 different violations, there have been a number of useless cockroaches on the storage room flooring, the janitorial sink was slow-draining, assembled salads had been being saved in a merchandise fridge not meant for such gadgets and meals was being saved in non-food-grade plastic luggage.
Royal Siam Cuisine, at 61599 Twentynine Palms Freeway in Joshua Tree, was inspected June 2 in response to a foodborne illness complaint. It acquired a grade of 84/B with two essential violations. Uncooked rooster, uncooked beef and eggs in a fridge weren’t chilly sufficient. Additionally, a big pot of pink curry cooked the evening earlier than and put in one other fridge hadn’t but cooled right down to a secure temperature. Among the many eight different violations, there was an unapproved storage space exterior that contained a freezer and canned/dry meals — together with a package deal of rice being saved straight on the bottom.
Updates from previous weeks
Yogurtland, at 4235 N. College Parkway Suite 103 in San Bernardino, which was closed June 1 due to a sewage backup, was permitted to reopen June 2 after the backup was cleared and the power was cleaned.
About this checklist
This checklist is printed on-line on Fridays. Any updates as eating places are reopened might be included in subsequent week’s checklist.
All meals services within the county are routinely inspected to make sure they meet well being codes. A facility loses 4 factors for every essential violation and one to a few factors for minor violations. An A grade (90 to 100 factors) is taken into account “typically superior,” a B grade (80 to 89) is “typically acceptable” and a C grade (70 to 79) is “typically unacceptable” and requires a follow-up inspection. A facility might be quickly closed if it scores under 70 or has a essential violation that may’t be corrected instantly.
For extra info on inspections of those or any eating places in San Bernardino County, go to www.sbcounty.gov/dph/ehsportal/FacilityList/food. To file a well being criticism, go to www.sbcounty.gov/dph/ehsportal/StaticComplaint or name 800-442-2283.